When it comes to the topic of Building and Content Insurance, a lot of people are put off by this particular topic of conversation and push it to the back of their mind or worse forget about it all together. Maybe this is because a lot of people don't fully understand what is included or what it's all about. In this post we have narrow this down to the Top 5 Things To Think About Before Taking Out Building & Content Insurance.
It’s not fun to think about, but your home could be the victim of a burglary, an unexpected fire, burst water pipe or structural damage at any time. Secure your property and everything within it, from simple things such as the television and computer to precious heirlooms and family photos, with buildings and contents insurance. Now put yourself in those shoes of someone who has lost their home in a tragic fire and you have no way of claiming anything back.
"If home is where the heart is, why not protect it?"
1. The level of cover and the type of insurance you need - Make sure you understand the different types and levels of cover available and choose the right policy for you. That's right there is no such thing as a "one-size" fits all" when it comes to any kind of insurance, Building & Contents included. Make sure you read through and think about what level of cover suits your needs best before taking out the first policy offered to you and ask yourself "In the worst case scenario will this cover me and my home"
2. The value of your property and contents - Ensure you have an accurate estimate of the current value so you can get the right level of cover. The best way to valuate this is go through your home and list anything you can't bare the thought of living without. Maybe a family heirloom that been passed down generations or that brand new shiny toy you've been saving for. It all counts and it all matters, make sure you include it!
3. The length of the policy and any restrictions - Check the policy duration and any restrictions that may be in place. As we have already looked into above, put yourself in the hypothetical shoes of your future self, who has lost their home due to a tragic fire, are you happy with the policy you've taken out or are there any restrictions involved that you aren't happy with?
4. The amount of excess you will have to pay - This is the amount of money you will have to pay in the event of a claim. Just like car insurance there may be some form of excess that you need to pay out to have access to the insurance funds. Before signing up to any policy make sure you have read, understood and happy with the amount of excess pay involved if any.
5. The payment terms - Make sure you understand the payment terms and any discounts that may be available. If you have any doubts dont hesitate to contact our friendly team here.
For more information like this make sure you read our other articles here. Also, Follow us across our multiple social media channels so you never miss out on financial service information that could protect you and your family.
To get your Buildings & Content insurance quote today and contact our friendly adviser team here. Or call us on 0333 188 7617.
Your Choice Cover
12 Celtic Trade Park, Bruce Road Fforestfach, Swansea, SA5 4EP
Phone: 0333 772 1284